Distribution Technician (Levels 1-11)
- High school diploma or GED required. Post high school education in construction technology or related field preferred.
Two years experience in construction and maintenance preferred. Requires skill in the use of hand and power tools and in the operation of mechanical equipment.Requires responsible person of high integrity that can work well with customers.Requires ability to perform heavy manual labor in all weather conditions.Must meet departmental/divisional attendance, emergency call out, and overtime expectations.Must be able to maintain good working relationships with peers, supervisors, management and customers. Must be goal oriented, work with minimum supervision and have a customer service oriented attitude.Requires possession of a valid Class A CDL with tanker and air brakes endorsements. New hires must possess the CDL or obtain that licensing within the first ninety (90) days of employment. Must demonstrate the ability to operate various types of heavy vehicles in a safe and proficient manner in all types of traffic conditions. Must continuously meet WaterOne driving standards.Must be able to understand utility locates provided by other utility companies and be able to physically locate utilities with hand tools during excavation.Must be able to understand and operate electronic line locating equipment and leak detection equipment.Must be able to learn and become knowledgeable about the WaterOne distribution system and the tools and materials used in construction and maintenance of the distribution system.Must be able to read and understand maps and blueprints on paper and in electronic format.Must have knowledge of trench safety and be able to install proper shoring. Must be able to recognize hazards and recommend measures to mitigate hazards.Must be able to work in confined spaces and to have knowledge of hazards associated with such work. Must be able to operate and understand air monitoring equipment.Must have basic knowledge of work zone traffic safety and the ability to install warning devices to provide a safe working zone.Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to read and to follow oral and written instructions to communicate with customers and co-workers in emergency situations. Must be a good listener. Bilingual is a plus.Must have good computer skills and the ability to become proficient with software used at WaterOne.Must pass post offer medical exam, including drug screen and background verification. This position is also subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- California State University Sacramento (CSUS) Distribution Operator Certification is required or must be obtained within 18 months of employment.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Grade I Distribution Operator Certificate.
Distribution Technician (Levels 7-11)
- Must have or be able to obtain Class II Distribution Operator Certificate.
- Must demonstrate ability to operate all types of heavy equipment used by District in a safe and proficient manner.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Must be able to move or transport equipment, tools, or other items weighing up to 90 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to frequently position self to help install, remove, or repair various items.
- Must be able to sustain operating vibrating equipment frequently.
- Must be able to use a computer occasionally.
- Must be able to move from one location to another frequently.
- Must be able to operate a commercial motor vehicle and other heavy equipment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to several hours a day.
- Must be able to constantly work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to hear leak sounds with and without amplification devices.
- Must be able to hear electromagnetic locating devices.
Protective equipment, including but not limited to personal protective equipment for eyes, face, head and extremities, protective clothing, respiratory devices, and protective shields and barriers, may be required and shall be maintained in the sanitary and reliable condition wherever it is necessary by reason of hazards of process or environment, chemical hazards, or mechanical hazard encountered in a manner capable of causing injury or impairment in the function of any part of the body through absorption, inhalation or physical contact
Equal Opportunity Employer
WaterOne is an equal opportunity employer and upholds a non-discrimination policy. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, military status, or marital status in making employment and business decisions. We also prohibit harassment and retaliation in the workplace and in our dealings with the public. We encourage and welcome diversity of backgrounds in our workforce. WaterOne complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).
Complete job description is available upon request and will be provided during the selection process.